Tuesday 18 September 2018 photo 7/7
Tales Of The Black Freighter Full Movie Hd Download
A mariner survives an attack from the dreaded pirates of the Black Freighter, but his struggle to return home to warn it has a horrific cost.
Well, my title pretty much says it all. I liked Gerard Butler's voice acting, he added a lot of presence and a sense of urgency to his character. The animation was stylish and well made. There was really nothing done with the atmosphere. Production values were high.
But unfortunately the story is uninteresting. There is no real tension. You get no back-story whatsoever. I have not read the graphic novel, so maybe this serves some kind of point, but standing on it's own I just cant see it.
So fans of the graphic novel will probably like it, many others will not. But it is short enough to be worth a watch.
This is a 25-minute short film from six years ago and somehow connected to Zack Snyder's Watchmen movie. I have not seen this one, so I cannot go into more detail here about what exactly this connection is like. Anyway, there is a ship accident early on in the movie and everybody dies except our protagonist. Then, afterward, the Black Freighter, mentioned in the title becomes a crucial part of the story. Our hero tries to get home as quickly as possible on a raft, but realizes it is pointless to get there and warn everybody that the dead freighter is going to come as well, a ship packed with murderous undead pirates who are going to kill everybody. Yet, despite knowing he is too slow, he still decides to get home and see what happened to his village, to his wife and child. And he does succeed. but what is he going to find?
I have to say I enjoyed watching this short movie. I liked how we heard the protagonist's thoughts (Gerard Butler's deep voice) during the entire 25 minutes. The animation is nicely done too and there is a final plot twist which wasn't really expected and that is also why you could watch this half hour several times. Recommended.
In the fictional world depicted in the "Watchmen" comic book, superheroes are controversial public figures and therefore not standard comic book subject matter. Instead, other stories of heroism like pirates are popular. "Tales of the Black Freighter", therefore, is a comic-within-the-comic about the titular Freighter and its pirate crew.
In the "Watchmen" movie adaptation, "Tales of the Black Freighter" was to be presented in segments using stylized animation. However the complete film's run time would have extended beyond three hours, which the studio found unacceptable. Instead, "Tales of the Black Freighter" was incorporated into the film for the "Ultimate Edition" DVD and Blu-ray release; in addition to being available separately on DVD and Blu-ray. The DVD and Blu-ray versions will contain the following main presentations:
* "Tales of the Black Freighter": A animated short-film based on the comic-within-the-comic of Watchmen, in a drawing style close to that of original graphic artist Dave Gibbons. Rated R for violent and grisly images. Running time: 26 minutes
* "Under the Hood": A mockumentary short film based on the excerpts of the same name book withing the Watchmen mythology, supposedly written by Hollis Mason, aka Nite Owl I, exposing the background of many characters as well as a brief introduction to the alternate reality everything takes place. Rated PG for mild thematic elements, brief violent and suggestive images and smoking. Running time of 38 minutes.
As a extra features, both versions will contain:
* Story Within A Story: The Books of Watchmen: A short documentary on how Watchmen defined the metafiction in comic books, as well as its innovative narrative structure.
* A First Look at "Green Lantern: First Flight," the next DC Universe Original Animated Movie.
Also, exclusively in the Blu-ray version:
* "The Two Bernies": A scene from Watchmen not seen in theaters, featuring the news vendor and the kid reading the comic book beside his namesake.
* "The Why of Watchmen: Director Zack Snyder explains the reasons Watchmen is still so relevant in fiction and in the world today. Its a cue by a company called Groove Addicts called "The Beast at Our Door". The track was supposedly going to be found on their release 'Full Tilt 3', however inquiries about the subject to the Groove Addicts website are as of yet unanswered. a5c7b9f00b
https://pastebin.com/uaqr6HMS https://pastebin.com/ucEhQL9r http://www.ggf.lt/en/news/view/id/286240 http://enerwin.jugem.jp/?eid=339 http://tedsivenfa.bloges.org/1537288042/ http://trypsingchond.jugem.jp/?eid=297 http://www.naminukai.org/en/news/view/id/286241 https://pastebin.com/Z6u9N2PF http://berberkmemb.jugem.jp/?eid=305 https://pastebin.com/b6H6rRnK
Comment the photo